NVMC

Posted by NPC Admin on Tuesday, 11th December 2007, 00:00

NORTHWOOD VILLAGE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE HELD AT NORTHWOOD PRIMARY SCHOOL, WYATTS LANE, NORTHWOOD ON TUESDAY 4th DECEMBER 2007

PRESENT: P Fuller (Chair), P Brooker, C Cramp, Mrs P Elford, R Mazillius CC, D Miller, C Palmerton, Mrs E Palmerton, J Pullen, PC M Thomas (for item 285).

IN ATTENDANCE: Mrs M Yule (Secretary)

APOLOGIES: None

283. PUBLIC QUESTION TIME

None.

284. DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS

Mr Brooker declared a personal interest in the Planning application P/02557/07 as the applicant is known to him. Cllr Mazillius, Mr Miller and Mr Pullen all declared a personal interest in item 15 (request for funding towards the Armistice Day lunch) as they had attended the event. Mr Fuller declared a personal and prejudicial interest in item 16 as he has a child attending the school and is chairman of the premises committee at the school.

285. POLICE REPORT

PC Thomas reported that there had not been any significant crime in Northwood. There were two counts of criminal damage, a stone thrown through a patio door in Pallance Road and a car damaged in Venner Avenue.

PC Thomas remarked that burglaries tend to increase in December and reminded everyone to be extra vigilant. He suggested switching lights on when going out, preferably on a timer, remembering to lock windows and doors and always to keep valuables out of sight in cars. As it was too late to put this item in the Northwood News, it was suggested that it could be put into the school newsletter and on the website as a reminder to all residents.

PC Thomas asked about the equipment for the play area. Mr Palmerton said this was progressing and the paperwork was almost complete.

286. MINUTES

RESOLVED: That, the minutes of the meeting held on 6th November 2007 and the extraordinary meeting held on 14th November, be taken as read, confirmed and signed as an accurate record of the proceedings.

287. MATTERS ARISING

288. PLANNING ISSUES

Planning Applications

The Secretary advised the members that this was a re advertised application because the description had been incorrect. It was confirmed that this was an amendment to the original application that had been approved. Cllr Mazillius said this application would be appearing before full committee on 29th January 08.

Planning Decisions

None

A letter had been sent to the planning officer concerned with 2b Coronation Avenue, but no reply had been received to date.

289. CORRESPONDENCE

The Notice of Consultation for new Dog Control Orders had been received and this was circulated.

A letter had also been received regarding a proposed name for the new electoral division, (Northwood and Cowes South West) this item would be on the agenda for the next meeting.

290. LOCAL COUNCILLOR’S REPORT

Cllr Mazillius reported on the following items:

Yellow Lines – this was progressing, but there was currently a staff shortage in the highways department.

Speed Reactive Signs – these had been ordered and Cllr Mazillius was confident that they would be installed in January or early February.

Million Blooms – interest had been registered for 2008 and a comparable scheme to this year would be running. The stones to complete the current display would be delivered this week.

IDF, housing – Cllr Mazillius said he was very concerned about affordable housing for Island people and if any member had comments regarding the provision of housing he would take them forward.

The Chairman thanked Cllr Mazillius for all his hard work with the Pallance Road traffic scheme.

  1. FINANCE

Accounts for payment

RESOLVED: that, the following accounts are paid:

Mrs Yule – Secretarial services – £220.00

Mrs E Palmerton – Honorarium (part 2) – £75.00

The invoice from the Northwood News was discussed and it was agreed to request an invoice for three months to cover the remaining period of the VMC and the other nine months would be dealt with by the Community Partnership. Future discussion regarding this would be held with the new parish council.

Financial Report

Mr Cramp reminded the Committee once again, that time was running out to spend the remaining funds. He remarked that reimbursement for the One Million Blooms scheme had not yet been received.

RESOLVED: that, the report be received and noted. Mr Cramp was thanked for his clear and informative reports.

Draft precept 08/09

Mr Fuller said that the recommendation for a precept of £12,521 had been submitted and this was a reduction of a sixth from the original draft drawn up by the IW Council. It was felt that this was the lowest amount that would allow the council to run effectively. Although there was not as yet any official comment, it was thought that the final precept agreed by IW Council would be close to this amount.

Community Chest Award

This would be on the next agenda of the Community Partnership.

292. BENCH ON VENNER AVENUE PLAY AREA

Mr Pullen reported that Mr Toms (a qualified joiner) was able to make a good repair at a cost of £150. Mr Willis had tried to find a replacement bench of the same size and quality of the original and not been successful. A letter had been received by Mr Palmerton from Mr Mike Andrews expressing concern about health and safety issues of a repair. The letter requested that all the ‘what ifs’ were considered and a question was raised about the validity of insurance on a repair. As Mr Toms was a professional and the bench would be securely fixed in place, the members felt reassured. However, Cllr Mazillius said he would check with the IW Council, who carry out the play area inspections, that the furniture was also inspected.

RESOLVED: that, the bench would be repaired at a cost f £150.

293. NOTICE BOARD

RESOLVED: that, £800 is transferred to the Northwood Community Partnership as donation towards the cost of a new notice board (overall cost approx £2000).

294. NORTHWOOD IN BLOOM

RESOLVED: that, £800 is transferred to the Northwood Community Partnership as donation towards the cost of Northwood in Bloom.

295. NO COLD CALLING

Mr Pullen reported that almost all the village were displaying the signs and there had not been any complaints reported. Mrs Elford said the scheme had helped prevent a distraction burglary at Medham. Mr Pullen said he would put an article in the next Northwood News to request names of companies that had tried to cold call, as it would be useful to have a dossier. It was also noted that many elderly people felt this scheme was a comfort to them.

296. FUNDING REQUEST FROM NORTHWOOD PLAYGROUP

Following last month’s request more details had been received.

RESOLVED: that, £200 would be donated to Northwood Playgroup towards the cost of the sun shading.

297. FUNDING REQUEST FROM NORTHWOOD SCHOOL

Unfortunately no further details had been received. The Secretary would contact Northwood School. It was agreed to defer this item until the relevant paperwork had been received.

298. FUNDING REQUEST FROM THE SUPPORTERS OF NORTHWOOD

Mr Fuller left the meeting for this item and Mr Pullen took the Chair.

A letter had been received, requesting funding towards permanent rubber matting to replace the wood chippings at the playground adventure trail. The members suggested that a representative from the Supporters of Northwood should be invited along to the next meeting to give more details, such as how ongoing maintenance will be provided. The Secretary will make the invitation. It was decided that the meeting would start at 6.45 for this purpose, so the representative would not be delayed too long.

Mr Fuller returned and took the Chair.

299. INCREASE IN BUS SERVICE

Following the piece in the Northwood News, Mr Miller had received two letters from residents of Wyatts Lane (these were read to the members) who fully supported the increase in service. Mr Fuller said the consultation was in early days and suggested this should be discussed again at a future meeting. Mr Miller would reply to the letters and compile a feed back report.

300. MEETING DATES UP UNTIL 31ST MARCH 2008

RESOLVED: that, the dates were agreed.

301. NORTHWOOD COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP

Mr Palmerton reported on items from the last meeting on 20th November. No Cold Calling Signs – The sign in Pallance Road has been re sited at a cost of £25. The one on the main road had also been moved and was now fully visible.

One Million Blooms – There were small signs available for the scheme, Cllr Mazillius was asked to look into this. The boulders would be arriving this week.

Tree on the play area – The missing tree had been replaced on National Tree Day.

Notice Board – £75 had been awarded at the CAA.

Youth Opportunities Fund – This project was progressing and another meeting was scheduled to complete the paperwork. Richard Lovell from the IW Council parks department had indicated that the slide was due for replacement and there was the possibility of installing ‘springies’ for the younger children in the near future.

Bus Shelters – a letter had been sent to Kevin Burton requesting seating in the bus shelters. An acknowledgement had been received.

Calor Village of the Year – the application for the next round of the competition had been completed and acknowledged. Mr Palmerton thanked the Secretary for her help.

302. PARISH PLAN UPDATE

Mr Fuller said he would circulate a progress report by email. Sharon Packer from the RCC would be attending the next meeting to advise on the Housing Survey.

It was suggested that this should remain an agenda item to review actions, this was agreed. A meeting of the parish plan sub-committee would be arranged for January to discuss the remaining funds.

RESOLVED: that, the Parish Plan is formally adopted.

303. SECRETARY’S REPORT

Mrs Yule reported on a meeting with Alice Cundall from the Rural Health Trainer Service. This is a new initiative that provides easy access to health information and health services to adults over 18 years old. The Community Partnership will add this to their agenda for the next meeting.

304. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS

305. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Tuesday 8th January 08 at 7pm.

There being no further business the Chair declared the meeting closed at 9.02pm

Church
  • - Church News
  • - Church Diary
  • - Church Diary (past)
  • - Parish Church Officers
  • - Burial Database
  • - Church History
  • - Church Photo Gallery
  • - Parish History
  • - Northwood Clergy
  • - Parish Map
  • - Church Web Links
  • - Northwood News
  • - Friends of Northwood Church
  •  

    Village
  • - Village Forum
  • - Northwood Village Map
  • - Village News
  • - Village Diary
  • - Village Diary (past)
  • - Village History
  • - Local I.W. Councillor
  • - Village Photo Gallery
  • - Village People
  • - Natural History
  • - Local Links
  • - Community Partnership
  • - Local Groups and Clubs
  •  

    Parish Council
  • - Parish Council Diary
  • - Parish Council Diary (past)
  • - Parish Council News
  • - Parish Plan
  •