NVMC

Posted by NPC Admin on Friday, 15th June 2007, 00:00

NORTHWOOD VILLAGE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE HELD AT NORTHWOOD PRIMARY SCHOOL, WYATTS LANE, NORTHWOOD ON TUESDAY 5th JUNE 2007

PRESENT: P Fuller (Chair), R Mazillius CC, P Brooker, C Cramp, Mrs P Elford, D Miller, Mrs E Palmerton, C Palmerton and J Pullen.

IN ATTENDANCE: Mrs M Yule (Secretary) PC Mark Thomas (for item 187)

APOLOGIES: None

185. PUBLIC QUESTION TIME

No questions were raised by members of the public.

186. DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS

Mrs Palmerton declared a prejudicial interest in item 9.1.4 and left the room for that item. Mr Palmerton also left the room.

187. POLICE REPORT/NORTHWOOD COMMUNITY FORUM

PC Thomas reported on the Community Forum meeting that was held on 29th May. It was well attended and the three priority points were:

1. Speeding. 2. Vandalism. 3. Anti-social behaviour by youths.

A discussion followed regarding the nets for the football goals on the Venner Ave playground, as this had been one of the areas identified that the young people would like to see improved. PC Thomas said that match funding was available from the TTCG fund. It was agreed in principle that £500 could be used from the contingency section of the NVMC budget. Cllr Mazillius agreed to contact the Parks section of the IW Council to find out about installation and insurance.

There were no incidents of any note during the last month; however, the Scout hut in Wyatts Lane had been broken into over the last weekend. It was suggested that some security lighting on the hut might act as a deterrent.

RESOLVED: that, a full set of costs should be obtained for the nets and once this was available, the details of the match funding would be discussed.

188. MINUTES

RESOLVED: That, the minutes of the AGM meeting and the full meeting, held on 1st May 2007 be taken as read, confirmed and signed as being an accurate record of the proceedings, with an amendment on page 4, Village Green Application, to read ‘It is hoped there would be an officer recommendation in the next two months’. The minutes of the extraordinary meeting held on the 22nd May were also signed as being an accurate record.

189. MATTERS ARISING

A reply had been received from the Boundary Committee to the letter sent from NVMC; it indicated that a copy of the recommendations would be forwarded in due course.

190. PLANNING ISSUES

No applications or decisions were received.

191. CORRESPONDENCE

Isle of Wight Society of Town and Parish Councils – AGM 15th June

RESOLVED: That, the information be received and noted.

192. LOCAL COUNCILLOR’S REPORT

Roger Mazillius CC reported on the following:

Bus Stop –Cllr Mazillius had been assured that this would be rectified as quickly as possible.

Fieldway Crescent – This application would be heard before the Development Control Committee of the Isle of Wight Council on 26th June.

193. DOG BINS

This item was moved ahead of Finance to allow discussion before the Biffa invoice was authorised.

A discussion took place regarding the benefits of having dog litter bins in the village and it was agreed that the any change to funding could not be considered until a Parish Council was established. It was suggested that the residents may not be aware of how much this facility costs and a further consultation should be obtained.

A discussion also took place regarding the site of the bin in the Park and it was noted that a sign had been erected banning dogs from the Park. Cllr Mazillius agreed to look into this.

RESOLVED: that, the invoice for the three dog litter bins would be authorised for this year, however further consultation would be made for future funding.

194. FINANCE

Accounts for payment

Before Mrs Palmerton left the room, it was clarified that this six month honorarium covered payment to others for any time that she was on leave. There would not be any duplicate payments.

RESOLVED: that, the following accounts are paid:

Mrs Yule – £158.40

Biffa – £755.06

Mr Willis – £40.00

Mrs Palmerton – £75.00

Financial Report

The year end report had been circulated and the Chairman thanked Mr Cramp for his work in producing simple, easily read spreadsheets.

RESOLVED: that, the report be received and noted. This would be displayed on the notice board.

195. HIGHWAY/PEDESTRIAN SAFETY AT FOUR CROSS

Mr Fuller and Mr Miller had met with Mr Percival who lives in Nodes Road. Mr Percival was very concerned about the speed of vehicles around the bend by Four Cross. Mr Miller had sent an email to Iain Thornton asking if there were any plans for a 30mph limit in that area. It was acknowledged that the island was being used to cross and that this type of crossing had been evaluated as the safest for this type of road. A discussion followed on merits of having a 30mph throughout Nodes Road and it was agreed that a letter should be sent requesting a re sampling of the speed in this area.

Mr Miller reported no further progress on the pinch points at Pallance Road and the next phase had not yet been approved or prioritised.

He had also been told that as the school speed restriction schemes were very costly, they were only being implemented in certain areas. Northwood was not one of them.

RESOLVED: that, a letter be sent requesting a re sampling of speeds in Nodes Road.

196. GRANT POLICY

A draft policy and application form had been circulated. This was agreed. An advert would be put in the Northwood News asking for requests to be submitted for discussion in September.

RESOLVED: that, the policy and application form be adopted and an advert would be submitted to request new applications.

197. AGENDA & MINUTES PUBLICATION PROCEDURE

Mr Fuller referred to the paper he had circulated regarding the publication of agendas and minutes. This was discussed and it was agreed that the Secretary would put the items on the notice board adhering to the required timescales.

RESOLVED: that, the Secretary would keep the notice board up to date and NCP would be the substitute if the Secretary was unavailable.

198. STANDING ORDERS AND CONSTITUTION

Mr Miller referred to the findings he had circulated previously. These were discussed and noted. It was agreed to take no further action.

199. STREET SCENES, SIGNAGE AND ORNAMENTATION

Mr Brooker asked the Committee for their views on the urbanisation of the village scene. He felt that the village was losing some if its semi rural attractions and asked if the Committee agreed and if there was a need for a village design statement. This was discussed and it was agreed that this was something that could be looked at after the completion of the Parish Plan. Mr Brooker was asked to gather further information and report back at a future meeting.

200. NORTHWOOD COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP

Mr. Palmerton reported on a number of items:

PCSO – The PCSO for Northwood, Steve Oatley, was attending each meeting and engaging well with the community. He reported that while delivering the Forum letters he had noticed a few doors open with keys left in them. An item would be put in the NN to highlight the problem of walk in burglaries.

Youth – Mrs Yule had sent a progress report (see Secretary’s report)

Northwood in Bloom – All the troughs and planters had been repaired (if necessary) and filled. Mr Willis would be speaking to Northwood Primary to see if they would adopt the trough at Uplands Road.

Speeding – The trough at the Post Office had been knocked over by a car misjudging the bend through speeding.

Calor Village of the Year – The judging for the short listed villages will be on 25th and 26th June. There will be a full report for the July meeting.

Allotments –The required six residents had expressed an interest and this would now be a future agenda item for NVMC.

Date of next meeting – The next meeting would be held on 25th June at 6pm.

201. PARISH PLAN UPDATE

Mr Fuller reported that he was waiting for one or two more articles but hoped to have the first draft out in the next week. He asked for all remaining articles by Friday 8th. The Plan was still on course for the launch on 8th September.

202. SECRETARY’S REPORT

Mrs Yule reported on the following areas:

Youth Strategy – A questionnaire had been circulated for the Committee’s approval. It was hoped to distribute this to the middle schools in the next week. The Cowes High School survey had been completed and Mrs Yule was awaiting feedback from Mr Jones at Student Services. Cllr Mazillius agreed to arrange for the printing of the questionnaire.

Insurance – Zurich Insurance are offering a small parish scheme for £199.50. The details would be circulated for discussion at the next meeting.

203. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS

204. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Tuesday 3rd July at 7pm.

There being no further business the Chair declared the meeting closed at 9.22pm

Signed…………………………………. Date……………………….

(Chair)

Church
  • - Church News
  • - Church Diary
  • - Church Diary (past)
  • - Parish Church Officers
  • - Burial Database
  • - Church History
  • - Church Photo Gallery
  • - Parish History
  • - Northwood Clergy
  • - Parish Map
  • - Church Web Links
  • - Northwood News
  • - Friends of Northwood Church
  •  

    Village
  • - Village Forum
  • - Northwood Village Map
  • - Village News
  • - Village Diary
  • - Village Diary (past)
  • - Village History
  • - Local I.W. Councillor
  • - Village Photo Gallery
  • - Village People
  • - Natural History
  • - Local Links
  • - Community Partnership
  • - Local Groups and Clubs
  •  

    Parish Council
  • - Parish Council Diary
  • - Parish Council Diary (past)
  • - Parish Council News
  • - Parish Plan
  •